Sunday, May 31, 2009

There are TWO mommies in this house

One of our dogs, Mabel, has been quite endearing since Camille's arrival. Bowie has been rather indifferent but has gradually warmed up to her. Mabel attempts to give her baths daily, is the first to check on her when we come home from being out and often follows me when I'm carrying Camille and trying to soothe her. Her big brown eyes lighten up when Camille comes down to play "in her world." Here's just one of their bonding sessions (spoiler alert: if you cringe at things less-than-sanitary, skip the next 5 photos!). Mabel asked me to transcribe.

"Hi Camille! You know, I think you smell too much like a fresh daisy!


Yep, definitely a fresh daisy.


I really think you need a bath.


Now, your hair, I know a lot about hair and yours definitely needs a good wash.


Aren't I the best mommy?"

After Mama Mabel's bath comes one that is just slightly cleaner (ok all you sanitary folk, you can look now).

1 comment:

  1. Momma Mabel is SO sweet! I bet you are glad to have her around! :)

    ReplyDelete