Monday, August 27, 2012

Going Inside

So, yes, the house has an inside too! These are a random assortment of shots of what it was like during the first week or two -- some things have changed like we have actually put a few pictures on the walls and made some floor space for people to walk around (helpful, I know). Eric has done some amazing work on the outside (e.g., lawn, gutters, crawl space, etc.) that make the house "work" which is critical. I'm usually playing with the littlest residents of the house while he does that work so no pictures...I'll capture the "along the way" and the "after" of the yard but you will just have to imagine what the crawl space and gutters look like.

The last and most important load of the move in my car.


The POD just before its shipment and delivery (the POD system was fantastic). 


Into the house...kitchen (eek! Needs color badly and that light, from the 90s?). Trying not to be too negative in my comments seeing as how this will be our decor for a while, until at least one child is not in day care. Alas...yes, the plaid couches came with us! I think I will have an entire post dedicated to these gems some day. Still no slip cover, still no recovering, just sticking with the in-your-face PLAID! for a little while longer. Yep.


Yey for gardens! Camille chose to plant a watermelon first. She is a gal with lofty goals and I love it!


Nice, flat and wide backyard. Still wooded just not incredibly secluded.


And this, dear reader, is how Camille spent a good majority of the first week we lived here. Caillou (he's just a kid who's four...) took residence and well, hasn't left, yet. Camille and Ethan didn't start their new day care until a week after we moved. At first I thought it would be very difficult caring for them in the midst of chaos but with my mom here (ever so grateful) and an incredibly efficient husband, it went rather well. Sure difficult at times, there were many good, life-and-this-house-are-just-messy-right-now times.


Ever-smiling sweet boy loving a new place to crawl! And cruise and soon (oh no! wait Ethan, you were just born! Slow down!)


The door...to lots of opportunity and potential!


I do love the large windows and skylights in the living room. We are stuck with the large, heavy entertainment center for a little while longer and I am not thrilled with it being the focal point in this room (oh, wait, maybe the PLAID! is the focal point) BUT...we'll work on it. Yes, those are speakers on top of the said entertainment center that one day will rest on speaker stands.


Looking from dining room (now serves as playroom/sitting room) into kitchen.


Looking into the master (on the first floor)...I love the arched doorway. I never thought I would like a downstairs master bedroom but am liking it. And, we scored a spa-like bathroom that at first I thought EXCESS! But now, it feels like an oasis!


More pictures coming soon...

1 comment:

  1. Ethan is stinking adorable!!!!!!!!

    Your humor cracks me up.

    The backyard looks amazing.

    Sorry it's taken me so long to spend some time on your sight.

    Miss you girl,
    Love
    Jess

    ReplyDelete